Friday 27 June 2014

Plans For The Weekend

Just as I was coming home last Friday evening , I remembered that I hadn't bought any loo paper , so I  swung by the nearest supermarket , grabbed an enormous Economy pack and quickly joined the queue at the till . After I'd paid , the assistant looked slightly concerned but still said the usual cheery ,
 " Have a nice weekend ! " .
I hoisted the 18-roll packet under my arm , thanked her and ran ... thereby confirming everyone's conviction that her sympathy might not be misplaced  , whereas  I'd only been worried that I'd miss the beginning of Celebrity Masterchef  .

But , this weekend ,  I have a definite agenda ; I'm going to Utrecht to get a wooden jigsaw puzzle   
" not too complicated but not too easy " , a three inch high  Batman ,  some vintage Pyrex if I'm lucky , some fabric just the right shade of orange .... or turquoise , and a big bowl of homemade soup from the cafe on the way to the quilting shop , lots of photos of pretty corners ( these are of Den Haag , last week )









 several coffees and some secondhand books .

 I've got Barbara Vine's latest book to read on the train and , as we roll back north over Friesland , I'll be able admire the sunset and to watch the odd hot air balloon floating towards Joure ... I'm looking forward to it .


4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fran Hill said...

Good old Pyrex. Like Tupperware, some things are never superseded.

Marcheline said...

Great photos! Made me laugh with your toilet paper story... 8-D

Liz Hinds said...

Oh you do plan such wonderful days! I have just discovered - belatedly apparently - a free bookshop in Swansea!