Tuesday 4 May 2010

Elephants on parade # 1

Smitonius:

There is an exciting new outdoor exhibition in London called Elephants on Parade, where over 250 elephant casts are painted and placed around the capital. So, we set off first of all to the City of London armed with a camera and the list... all in all we managed to locate 23 elephants. Only a few more to go.... ejem!

The first one we came across is called Izzy, after Isambard Kingdom Brunnell. All over quite a witty bit of painting (her rear view becomes a tunnel)

and, not only that, but there is a mouse to be found too:

There are so many different styles out there, look at these eyes:

And one elephant even has a city inside it:

Right, now to upload my found pachyderms onto Flickr... along with all the other elephant hunters and gatherers.... I wonder how many I will manage to see over the next few weeks?

7 comments:

rachel said...

How amusing! I particularly like the peep-hole one. I must alert the Lovely Son who lives in London.

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

How wonderful...I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Did anyone think to put pink elephants outside a pub? Looks like fun!

Friko said...

What a fun exhibition. Gorgeously colourful.

Gledwood said...

I "herd" them talking about these on the radio the other day ;->...

Tania said...

Strike a light! I remember the cows. I think there were 25(?) of them and I never tracked 'em all down. Did you find Dumbo?

Liz Hinds said...

We were in New York when they had the cow parade (same thing but with cows.)