Wednesday 2 September 2009

Sometimes crafting is done...

Smitonius:

I hardly ever want to knit in Summer, but as soon as the weather starts to change I find myself kniting up a fresh set of Autumn and Winter accessories: mittens, scarves, and hats galore... This week-end I managed to knit up a couple of hats. They are both knitted from handspun (not my own though), the one on the left is with Silkwood handspun (there is some rabbit in there!), and the one on the right is from Old Maiden Aunt handspun (it is huge but nice and squidgy).


The other day I walked past a yarn shop in Bethnal Green, and they had this hand drawn sign on the door although it was closed. I wonder what the patterns are for? The mind boggles!

6 comments:

Tania said...

Bethnal Green is a little closer to you than me. And I'm having a whole lot of trouble with the suspense and knitted imaginings. Please, I beg of you, get to the bottom of that sign????

Redwoodhouse said...

Your hats are gorgeous, I love the colours in the one on the left, you can see haow soft they are just from the pictures. Those signs are food for thought....
I really love the little quilts you make they are beautiful, so much work.
I sometimes struggle to find lovely vintage fabrics in our area I do order from the net but am sometimes disappointed with the quality and can't use it as it is not stronge enough, I must make a visit to busy London one day and 'do' the markets.
I must agree with you though I love to have a parcel on it's way and get very excited when the postie drops it over the gate it's a great start to the day.
Jan

GUGAW said...

hmm very curious! i just realised this morning that i'm going to have to choose a winter hat soon!

Anonymous said...

Please, please, go in that shop! I can only think of willy warmers, (oh dear will that be censored) We NEED to know!

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

I'm with everyone - please head back to Bethnal Green ... Knitted Whips and Chains for those with intentions but sensitive skin??

Marcheline said...

I'm betting on "Willie Warmers".